Friday, June 4, 2010

more quilt pics

women of the Bible quilt. I did an online study with some ladies several years ago. We studied women of the Bible and made a quilt square representing each, then wrote the women's name on the block. It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot too. Too many quilts and not enough beds in the house so I have two quilts on this bed that is here in the guest/computer room.
My best little quilt tester ever! this is Casper, and he's the best kitty!! Talks to everyone, loves everyone. He's a big boy at about 14 pounds, but oh so sweet. He came to us as a stray, but I think straight from Heaven cause he's a real keeper.

Cheryl, from my quilting group, got me started on this organizational process. She brought empty bolts from the fabric store for us to take home. I love to store my fabric this way, it's like going to my own personal "Fabric store", right here at home. thanks Cheryl for the great idea.





"My flower garden quilt". I backed it with pink and did all the hand quilting in black thread.










Another close up of some of the blocks. This was a stack and whack quilt. So fun to make.













Close up of some of the blocks in "My flower garden quilt". I love the vibrant colors in this quilt. This is my DH's favorite quilt that I've made.
















Cindy's bird house theme pillow case. Made for a dear friend who is starting her battle with ovarian cancer. She will win!!!! I love birds, and Jesus said that not a sparrow falls without the will of the Father and we are more precious than many sparrows . We feel so helpless when a friend is faced with such a diagnosis that we want to do something. This is my something, love in a pillowcase.

























Fish theme pillow case, I made one for my dh and one for a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment